Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trent, me, and Triple-D

I don't even know if that's grammatically correct.  I was going for a rhyme.  

Because I like rhymes.


Anywho...

It's no secret.   My man and I LOVE to eat and often plan days around the activity.  When we're on the road (and even when we're at home) we like to find some local flavor.

We also love the show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  While in the Clearwater/Tampa area, we got to have our first Triple-D experiences.  So, naturally, I documented.


Keegan's Seafood Grille

I didn't take a picture of the food.  ARGH!  But, I will tell you that we ordered the crab cake and the grouper sandwich and both were delicious!

We approve.



This was the calm before the taco storm.  The line ended up being crazy long.  And for good reason.

I thought this was just about the cutest and clever thing.  Honesty's the best policy, right? 

Trent got 3 different tacos.  I forget what meat was in them, but he was a fan.

I ordered a torta (sandwich) with the carne asada (grilled steak).  Said torta was huge!  But, we saved it, put it in our cooler and had it later at the beach.  Waste not, want not.  That's our motto.


Not officially in the Triple-D category, is Maggie Mae's.  It's another local joint that we were told to try.  

The only reason I'm including it is because of this:

That, my friends, is the BEST corn beef hash I have ever had!  My mouth is literally watering right now.

*On the hash note, a close second is Jackson's in Nashville*  

Now I've made myself hungry.














No comments:

Post a Comment