Thursday, May 23, 2013

The one where we celebrate our birthdays and Mother's Day...

We were able to be with my family for our birthdays and Mother's Day.  We haven't seen them (or Trent's family) since Christmas!  

My birthday day (May 6th) started with pedicures with my mom.  Again, it had been since Christmas since we did this.  Far too long.  


Once we knew we would be here for my birthday, I knew where I wanted to eat. Naturally, I picked Ninfa's.  It's just so good.

The next day was Trent's birthday and I surprised him with a very special gift.  

What was it, you ask?  Candy and underwear because apparently I give gifts like I'm a grandma.  I did put cute messages on the candy, so it did have a personal touch.

He also ended up getting a dutch oven.  The man loves new kitchen equipment.


Trent decided on Poppa Rollo's (the best pizza ever) for his b-day dinner.


We spent the week after our birthdays at my parents' house getting work done, booking shows, and doing laundry.  The evening before Mother's Day, the four of us played 9 holes on the par 3 at the golf course I grew up going to.  We had a blast!  (Related:  playing golf really let's me know how old I am and how much flexibility I've lost.) 
 

I was so happy to be in town with the whole fam for Mother's Day.  (We haven't been able to do that since 2010.)  All of us got together for lunch at Dead Fish Grill.  I'm not a huge fan of the food, but the views more than make up for it.

Good for the soul for sure.  The next week and a half we spent time with the niece and nephews and had some shows.  And now, we are doing more laundry in preparation for another Arkansas run which will lead us to Amarillo then to California!  

Can't believe it's almost June...









No comments:

Post a Comment