Monday, August 25, 2014

{ Pennsylvania or Bust }

A few weeks ago, we drove to Knox, Pennsylvania for the weekend to lead worship at Cornerstone Church and open for Josh Wilson.

We split up the drive which is, as you know, how we do it these days.  We stopped about halfway and stayed with some gracious friends who fed us yummy food and loved on our Oliver.  It was great.  Well, other than Oliver's sleep, or lack there of.  It was a tough night.

The next day, we continued on to Knox, got checked in, and got supper.  We let Oliver roam the hall.  I felt like the carpet was clean enough.

We were exhausted and were literally in bed before 8:00.  (Before 7:00, our time!) 
Our boy decided to have a night of getting up and crying every hour and a half to two hours.  And I can't really let him fuss it out in a hotel, so that was another long night.  Clearly, he was fine with it...

In addition to a sleepless night, we had to get up super early to get to the church by 7:00 AM.  We led worship for two services on Sunday morning at Cornerstone and they were precious people.  They loved what we did, which is always nice to hear.  And Oliver did *pretty* well in the nursery.  Awesome the first service and not so awesome the second.  But, we were finished for the day, so I picked him up early.

*1st service = happy baby*

After grabbing lunch and getting changed, we had to immediately go to the next venue to sound check.

There was a spread of snacks backstage, which I always love.  Earlier in the day, the folks responsible for the spread asked if there was anything special we wanted.  We said just water (We're so low maintenance!  Bring us to your church!  Ha.)  and jokingly said no brown M&Ms. 

And they did it!!!  We cracked up.  Well played.

We had the sweetest OliVolunteer.  And she did amazingly well with him.

We got to visit with Josh and his road manager (who also has a son named Oliver) and I'm glad to report that they are sweet and genuine!  (That's not always the case with well known artists, I'm sorry to say.)

We played for about 30 minutes and had a blast!  Having songs do well on the radio in the area really helped.  

When we were finished, we listened to Josh from backstage and decided to take a peek.
(See my boys' heads?)

(Well, we didn't stay hidden enough and some people saw our little one and started laughing and oh-look-how-cute-ing and pointing.  Oops.)

After the show, we were sitting at a table and signing things and that's when Oliver grabbed an open sharpie, without my knowledge, and put it in his mouth.  And then ended up with a partial Hitler mustache.  Mom of the year right here, y'all.  No picture, unfortunately.  (Or maybe that's a good thing?)  

Anyway, it was a long day and night and Oliver did awesome.  Only melting down on the way back to the hotel.  People were shocked how well he held it together.  Such a sweet trooper boy.

We found a cheap hotel room for our trip back home and had time to grab dinner as a family.  

Oliver hadn't had solids in four days (I just didn't mess with it and most of his calories come from me anyway.)  But boy howdy.  I got out some food and he CHOWED.  DOWN.  Bless his heart, he must've been starving!  Again, mom of the year.

He had a better night, probably because he slept with us most of the night.  But not because we didn't try to separate us all.  I mean check out this wall.  My man is truly talented.

There was construction happening the next morning.  I woke up to hammers.  Fun times.

O liked to watch the workers!

And Trent did, too.

It was a whirlwind of a trip and a great one!  We can't wait to go back to PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment