Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I've always wanted to title a Florida blog post, "Flo Rida"

Well, here in the land of "I'd rather look at curtains and storage solutions than blog about our life," I'm finally blogging about our run to Florida and back.  It was only a month ago.  And a month really isn't that long, but in blog life, it is.  

In February, we made our way to Largo, FL (near Clearwater) for a show/special music.  We split up the drive (going and coming) with some friends in the Atlanta area and we are so thankful!  Thanks, Janet and David!  He really wanted to get that kitty =)

We always stay with the same family when we go down to that part of Florida and they are simply the best.  They put us on the bottom level and Mister Man felt right at home =)

The weather was a little chilly but we still managed to get out and about before we needed to be at sound check.   For lunch, we went to Keegan's.  It's been on Triple D and we've been there before  but we wanted to go again and introduce the boy.  He was a fan.  (Excuse the weird pic…I had to crop my giant profile outta that mess.)

We got back to the house, rested, then got ready to head out for sound check.  Except not with Oliver.  Mama Madeline kept him (with 3 other kids) the whole night.  It. Was. Awesome.  We missed him, of course, but I'd forgotten what it was like to have TWO FREE HANDS.  And she sent me these pics to keep my mind at ease. 

We played at Smileys on the campus of Indian Rocks Church and had a blast.  It was a dinner/concert kind of thing which was great!

*Pre-show, backstage fun*

Then after, we all were supposed to go play bubble ball, but some or all (not sure) of the balls had popped which was terrible because obviously:

The group decided to play another game and so we grabbed some pictures.  It was cold!

Our friends Rob and Elissa.  (He's the Young Adult pastor and their kids played like champs with Oliver all night!)

The next day was Valentine's Day.  We went down to Clearwater beach for an early lunch and beach time!  It was still chilly but a little more bearable.  

Later that day, we went and sound checked for where we'd play on Sunday morning.  It was about a 30 minute drive there, then sound check, then 30 minutes back…it just made sense to leave O behind and Mama M offered anyway, so we did!  It felt weird to not have our sidekick, but he was in good hands. =)

We got back, put the boy down, and then went out to eat by ourselves and had  some amazing crab! 


We got up early on Sunday AM to head to New Port Richey to play music in all 3 of the services at Calvary Chapel Worship Center.  It was our first time there and we will definitely go back.

(And thanks to Madeline for watching online and grabbing theses pics!)

Oliver stayed in the nursery all morning long and did great but was getting tired and hungry toward the end and we were told, "I think Oliver is done."  Ha!  Yes he was.  I've said before and I'll say it again…Sundays are really hard for him (especially if we're there for 3 services) but he ROCKS it.  Such a trooper.

He slept the whole way back to Largo and then we headed back to the beach for a nice walk!

Then, our sweet host family put together a dinner for us.  So sweet!!!

We had an awesome time.  Sure, it would've been nice to have warmer weather but it sure beat what we came home to…

Ice.  Lots of ice.  Couldn't get up the driveway ice.  Trent had to shovel a path to the house ice.

We have since thawed and are loving the warmer weather.

Thanks for traveling with us!

1 comment:

  1. Shellie! you're right - a month is long in blog world, hahah! just kidding - so glad to read this post and see all these pics! Oliver in that red outfit at the beach! I die. Sweetest little thing. Also, who took the pics of you guys at the crab dinner?! so cute and funny weirdos you two are. haha, I was cracking up! you guys are clearly made for each other! xoxoxxo