Thursday, March 2, 2017

Amelia is 10 months!!!

Dear Amelia,

Time continues to speed up and I'm really trying to soak it all in!  Your little personality is starting to blossom and bloom and it is a joy to see.  You've got some spunk, sister.  You're almost 11 months as I type this, so I thought I should go ahead and tell you what you've been up to...


After your 9 month appointment, the doctor prescribed iron drops and we've started those.  They stink! Blah.  But, I'm here to say your iron levels are now normal, yay!

You took your first steps on Jan. 21st!  Just a few, but it was so exciting and you're getting more and more comfortable. 




You love to eat and you eat anything.  You grab your hair while you eat, so that's fun to clean up...



You looooove your brother.  You follow him, play with his toys, and go to him when he's in time-out.  I pray y'all are always close. 


(He's in time-out behind this door...)

You're very proud of yourself when you win the nap strike.  But how can I be mad at this face?

Baths (when they happen 😬) are so much fun.  You love to splash and feel the water and you fuss when I take you out.


You scrunch your nose when you smile and it's adorable.

You're starting to like looking at books.  Before, you associated books with sleep and would cry when I got them out.  The Highlights books make you smile (especially the babies on the back) and you like the books with different textures.

Get it, girl. 😂
  
You've started kind of waving and you also have chewed up the crib.  Oliver's monkey is your very favorite and he lets you hold it from time to time.

You're pretty happy in the morning but are a little cranky after naps.  Nursing is still an all the time thing.  We're both okay with it =)


Putting blankets and towels on your face and playing peek-a-boo is a new skill!  You're so very proud of it.  And I'm pretty sure you're going to be a climber and not near as timid as your big brother.

  
When you crawl, you like too have something in your hand.  And you point now!  


Mississippi was added to your states this month.  I'm not sure what you're up to, but I'll check next month =)

You always have a finger in your mouth but I can't see any new teeth.  Still 8...4 on top and 4 on bottom.

You still fall asleep nursing sometimes and I'm trying to freeze this face and take mental pictures to go along with these.  I could eat you up. 

You met Honey Lue's dogs!  You were pretty scared at first, but a few minutes later, you were crawling with them and letting them lick you.


My sweet darling girl, I can't imagine life without you.  You have brought me so much joy.  Your spirit and spunk will allow you to do big things, this I know.  I want you to know just how strong you are and how much I love you!!!


May the stars always align for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment