Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Amelia is 11 months!!!


My sweet Amelia.  Why is it going so fast?  I feel like I start every letter to you in that way, but it could not be more true.  You are growing and learning new things every day.  It's a JOY to watch.  This one is emotional for me because it's the last letter before you're 1 year old.  

We added Louisiana and New Mexico to your states this month and you're pretty excited about it.  

 Your little scrunch nose smile melts our hearts.  It shows those teeth perfectly.  We're still waiting on more, though.  You're holding strong at 8, but your chewing and behavior tells me there's more coming soon. I just can't get in there to see without you biting me. 

You had your first Valentine's Day and enjoyed your little gifts.  As you grow and find love, I really hope you don't put a lot of pressure on V-day.  It's just a day, Sister.  Remember that.  

You. Love. All. Food.  Seriously.  You eat anything and everything.  You even snuck a peanut butter cracker.  😬 Oops.  GOOD NEWS:  you're not allergic.  I didn't think you would be, but I also hadn't planned on giving it to you yet, either.  Ha! #secondkidproblems

You also already had some milk from Oliver's cup.  You liked it, so I'm sure that transition will go well for you.

You learned how to copy-cat me and stick your tongue out.  Pretty adorable and hilarious.  Your laugh is throaty and awesome and Oliver can still get it out of you the best.  

You're getting better in the car, but still want to nurse to sleep.  I give in because the screaming in the car is not pleasant.  You also started sticking your finger in your mouth and gagging, which you think is the funniest thing.  Me?  Not so much.  Which makes you laugh even more.  😂

 You can clap and dance and you're really starting to walk more and more!  You point at pictures in books but also fuss when I get them out because you know it's nap/bed time.  

I was away from you for the first time (other than a few hours here and there) and you did great!  It was probably good for both of us, but I sure missed you (and your brother).  


I CAN FIT YOUR HAIR IN PIGTAILS.  The back keeps growing, not the top...so you're rocking the baby mullet.  

We think you're singing already.  You "lalalalala" in little melodies whenever you hear music.  You'll stop just long enough to dance when you hear a song on the TV and that's about all you care about in regards to shows.  

You officially started playing outside.  You LOVE the sand and water table.  You also like to find rocks and try to eat them, so I've gotta be on my toes.  One day, we came in and you were chewing on a tiny, red berry.    

You went through a phase of taking drinks of water and then immediately spitting it out on yourself and laughing.  STINKER.  There's also a new thing you're doing.  While I hold you, we hug Daddy.  You'll lean in and put your head on him, then push him away and pat me.  It's as if you're saying, "This is my mama."

When you're told "no" or something is taken away, you can throw a fit.  Sometimes, you'll fall to the ground, bury your head, and cry.  We laugh at you, I'm so sorry to say.  It's just so dramatic! 

Being confined in any way makes you very upset.  You love to walk around and explore.  But, we gotta do it sometimes.  You love being upstairs and playing because you can roam free.  Your interest in dolls is growing and it's so cute.  You pick them up (and stuffed animals, too) and pat them on their back.  Oliver's monkey is your favorite and he'll let you borrow it from time to time.  

That time you ate mud...

You'll still fall asleep nursing sometimes and I soak it up.  Look at that face!!!

You know the sign for milk!  That's about it.  

I mean...

My darling baby girl.  You have changed my life and I adore you.  I love you so very, very much.  THIS big and it gives you a hug.   


No comments:

Post a Comment