Friday, July 28, 2017

Our mommy and Oliver date...

I seriously cannot remember the last time it was just Oliver and me going somewhere.  For fun.  I took him to the dentist a couple months ago, but that's about it.  And that's not fun, let's be honest.  Before then, I'm pretty sure the last time was before Amelia was born.  Our lifestyle (and life in general right now) doesn't lend itself to a lot of one on one time with either kid.  

There are times I really miss my boy.  I used to have all the time in the world to play with just him.  Don't get me wrong, I ADORE my Amelia.  But whoa is she needy.  I feel like all day every day I'm dealing with her and getting onto Oliver for something.  I try to sit and play with him and The Girl crawls on me, breaks our train tracks and lego cities, or wants to nurse.  All.  Day.  Long.

I was not warned of this.

My point:  it was time for a mother/son re-boot.  He needed a haircut and I had a coupon.  So, we threw in yogurt and a trip to Target and called it a date.  I might've been more excited than him.  I took pictures, but didn't get on my phone so I could be present with my sweet boy.  I can't wait for the next one.  I love him so.   



Before.

After.




"Everyone loves Target!  These red balls are so cute!"

He even got some new cars.  It was a good day.
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment