Sunday, October 30, 2011

South Carolina, Florida, and Georgia...Oh My

We left Nashville on Friday, October 21st (which happens to be my oldest nephew's birthday...just a little nugget of information for you) and headed to Columbia, SC.  We normally don't leave the day of a show, but we did this time.  It's only a 7 hour drive or so.  Those of you who have experienced "the road" or traveling in general, can relate that 7 hours isn't really that big of a deal.  Especially, if you have borrowed books in tow.  Thanks Papason and Gaylene!

(Guess which one is mine)






The show was at Watershed Books in Lexington, SC.  Very cool venue.  (Coffee shop meets bookstore meets artsy-fartsy).  PLUS, we got to stay with a sweet fan turned friend.  Kelly!  You. Are. Amazing.  Some of Trent's family (that I hadn't met yet) came out, too. It's always nice to meet fellow Monks. 



So, on the road, eating can really drive up your expenses. (Duh).  A lot of the time, host families and/or churches feed us very well, and we totally dig that and are extremely grateful.  When we're on our own, we usually partake in Subway...but that, my friends, adds up quickly, even when you're choosing $5 footlongs.  So this trip, we brought the cooler and sandwich fixin's.




Onto Jacksonville, FL / Journey Church and the Lamoureux's.


We meet the most amazing people through what we do.  People that believe in us, love us, and minister to us.  God has given us family all over.  People that we can count on for whatever, whenever.  This is such a sweet family and we are PROUD to call them friends!  They have beautiful voices and beautiful hearts.  And a very, very furry cat. (Another nugget of info for you). 






Oh, and they have two precious daughters that are our adopted nieces...




Georgia, oh Georgia (think Ray Charles)


Trent writing in our hotel room.  It really is a pretty sound and a neat (for lack of a better adjective) process to witness.  Me to him, "you should finish that song you're working on."  His response? A polite giggle. 


Apparently, I don't quite understand said process.  Either way, I like his guitar.  Can I get a what-what?




Mailing press kits and thank-you notes while on the road.  This was our first UPS experience while away from home, and I must say, we quite enjoyed it.  (BTW, we gladly welcome sponsorships...)



Radio interview @ the Lighthouse FM in St. Marys, GA.  Vickie...this woman is a SAINT.  A SAINT. And we love her.



My first time to wear headphones.  These suckers were monsters, as you can see, and I have a new found respect for radio personalities that wear them everyday.  On another note, I'd very much like to leave 'talking on the radio' for my husband.  I am not a fan.  It freaks me out.  I'm nervous I'll say something wrong, or not appropriate for Christian radio.


The Rock bible study @ Lighthouse FM.  It's a live, on-air bible study every week for area youth. We always have a great time and these kids are super sweet.  (Even if sometimes, I have to hold back my inner teacher...)


Until next time, be well and be blessed.








No comments:

Post a Comment