Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011...let's reminisce.

So, one of my favorite blogs Rage Against The Minivan, posted a recap to her 2011 that she got from another blog.  I liked LOVED the idea so I thought I'd do the same.  Trent and I actually went through the questions together and it was a great time.  It's so neat to talk about the past year and look back on the good and the bad.  I recommend this to everyone...kids, even.  



1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
talked LIVE on the radio, snowmobiled, sang on a record, watched Trent sing on a record, go to North Carolina, ride on a Harley in Tennessee, do the "tourist" thing in Nashville... what a year!


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember mine from then...is that bad? I'm pretty sure one might have been to not bite my nails.  Well, I'm here to say that my nails are longer.  Score.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots of my friends jumped on board the nugget train.  


4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, praise the Lord.  But, our immediate family was affected by a terrible accident that resulted in death.  It was an extremely sad time, but we were able to be there for them.


5. What countries did you visit?
That's funny...maybe one day.  But, like I mentioned before, North Carolina was a first and it didn't disappoint.  Yes, I know that's not a country.


6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More money.  Not an obscene amount.  I just want a pair of silver sparkly Toms.


7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 6: our 1st anniversary.  There's something awesome about the first year!  
May 10: launching the Kickstarter campaign.  This, to date, has been the most draining experience for us.  We look back on it with humble gratefulness.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving to a new city, getting a new Trent Monk record out, making new friends.


9. What was your biggest failure?
Stuffed cornbread, oatmeal cookies, and banana bread.  (Trent's the cook).


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
None.  Knock on wood!


11. What was the best thing you bought?
Wasn't a big buying year...BUT I love my leg warmers, gray boots, and Jeremiah 29:11 sign.  I think that's all I bought, too.


12. Where did most of your money go?
Road expenses: GAS.


13. What did you get really excited about?
a new record, seeing family, and going to the mountains for Christmas.


14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Trent's "Dreamer" because he finished writing it in Nashville and recorded it shortly after we moved.  From now on, every time I hear that song, I will think of our 2011.


15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Definitely happier.
– thinner or fatter? I am the same.  Hallelujah and Amen.
– richer or poorer? Let's just say I am richer for having lived a fabulous 2011.  


16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
It was an extremely prayerful year for us, as it should be.  BUT, I wish I'd done more scripture reading and quiet time.


17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Okay, I'll say it... I wish I'd done less complaining.


18. How did you spend Christmas?
In Red River, NM with the Monks!  It. Was. Amazing.


19. What was your favorite TV program?
2011 was the year we got into Parenthood.  Such a brilliant show.  AND Dexter.  Also brilliant.  


20. What were your favorite books of the year?

I read a lot in 2011, which I'm proud of.  But, Redeeming Love is one of the most beautifully written books EVER.


21. What was your favorite music from this year?
NEEDTOBREATHE and The Civil Wars.  Honorable mention goes to Ben Rector.


22. What were your favorite films of the year?
The Help.


23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31.  Not sure what we did, but I'm sure I had a glass of wine.


24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmmm....I can honestly say I had a great 2011 and wouldn't change a thing.


25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Trying to be trendy in Nashville and realizing that I'm just not that trendy...and not hipster, either.


26. What kept you sane?
prayer, my man, wine.  


27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
If you honestly and earnestly try to find the GOOD in every situation, you will.  And that will ultimately and absolutely result in JOY.




How was your 2011?  And cheers to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment