Monday, October 29, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

I'm seriously digging some things lately.  I felt the need to share.

You can thank me later.  Or not.  I won't get my feelings hurt.



Music

Marc Scibilia 
We went to see Sixpence None the Richer and this guy opened and let me tell you something.  He. Was. Amazing.  He gave his EP away FOR FREE and we have not gotten tired of it yet!  I highly suggest you take a listen.  So go on over to iTunes and dig it.  You won't be sorry!


Charlie Peacock
We actually saw him at the same venue as Marc Scibilia.  It was a CD release show for his newest project, "No Man's Land."  Just google his name and read in awe of how many artists he's connected with.  Seriously.  And Mr. Civil Wars himself was at the show.  (He didn't come say hi to us, though.  I can't imagine why.  Oh yeah...he doesn't know us).  We love this record and your life will be improved greatly if you get it



Food
I cannot stop the kale chips.  I can't.  I crave them.  I call them "God's potato chips."  Only they're not potatoes, they're kale.  But, because you are human and have a brain intelligent, you probably gathered that.  Trent and I are going to force feed them to family over the holidays!  Try this recipe.  (I like to add some garlic powder).

And we cannot stop the DIY taco salad shells.
We use corn tortillas and a muffin tin. I'm sure you've seen them on pinterest.  But, if you haven't, go here to figure out how to make little bowls of heaven.  We like to stuff them with rice, black beans, chicken, green onion, tomato, lettuce, sour cream, sriracha and sometimes eggs (for breakfast).  And even taco soup.  Can I get an AMEN for cheap/healthy(ish) meals??


TV
I'm not even going to gather links and pictures for this section.  I'm just going to list what we LOVE.

Parenthood, Up All Night, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, Once Upon a Time, Nashville, and The Mindy Project is cute and has some potential.


That's all for now.  What are you into lately?










No comments:

Post a Comment