Saturday, March 16, 2013

Can I see your ID?

I recently found this in my 'drafts' on the blog. I cracked up, so I wanted to share. This was in March 2013...



The other day, while on the road, I was making a purchase with my credit card and was asked to see my ID. 


What happened next, I was not expecting. 


Lady:  Can I see your ID?

Me:  Sure thing. 

Lady:  Oh!  Tennessee!  

<pause>

Lady:  What a good picture!  Are you a lot younger in it?

Me:  Nope.  Same age.

Lady:  Awww!  You're so pretty here.

Me:  Ummm.  Thanks.

<hangs head in shame>


We got a good chuckle out of it.  I know she didn't mean to insult my disheveled appearance, bless her heart.  I've put my foot in my mouth many times, so I can relate.

Has something like this ever happened to you? 








No comments:

Post a Comment