Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lake Charles, LA

Last weekend (spring forward weekend...yuk) we went to Lake Charles, LA for two shows.  It's a pretty long drive, so on the way there, we broke it up and stopped in Hattiesburg, MS.  

We got a cheap an affordable hotel, checked in and headed to grab a bite to eat.  BUT FIRST, because Trent forgot to pack his belt, we had to make a stop.  (We can't be walking around with sagging pants, can we?  No we cannot.)  So getting a belt at the Walmart was the only option.  And a Dickies khaki $8 belt was the best choice.  He was not thrilled about it. 

To fill our bellies, we randomly chose a hibachi grill.  The onion volcano gets me every time.  And I always jump and scream a little when they light the grill and it makes a big flame.  

The first night's show was at Faith Bible Church.  And THIS is the only picture I got.  I was off my game, people.  I was off my game.  

Everyone was sweet and there was a girl there who had taken a picture with Trent years ago when Trent was Monk and Neagle.  Small world!


The next day (the day of springing forward) we did special music during the contemporary service at University UMC.

We needed to practice I needed to practice and so we snuck away and found the nursery.  

  The pastor did a children's sermon about the difference between a cowboy and a shepherd.   When the pastor asked the kids if they knew the difference, 6-year-old Jeremiah said loudly and with conviction, "Cowboys don't have staffs and they're from the Wild West!"  It was adorable.  This is Jeremiah.

After church, we were taken to a local joint for lunch called Steamboat Bill's.  Fantastic seafood!  (AND, turns out, I ate there when I was like 15 when my youth group went on a mission trip to Louisiana.  Crazy.)

We got a gift of mugs and coffee.  Community Coffee is so good and I have a little obsession with coffee mugs, so it was a win-win.

This was the part in the show where I had to get a hair off Trent's shoulder because it was DRIVING ME NUTS.  


Merch in action... (our sweet volunteer, Courtney).

So thankful for Courtney's help and for taking pictures and for being fun! (Also, it looks like Trent's hand is around us with painted nails!  It's my hand.  They are man hands.)

It was a great weekend!  We were blessed and left with new friends and full hearts.

(Is this where I say we also had clear eyes?)

(Any FNL fans out there?)














No comments:

Post a Comment