Saturday, June 1, 2013

Arkansas to Amarillo to Arizona

Good morning from a hotel in Williams, AZ..."The Gateway to the Grand Canyon."  We just walked down to the local coffee shop on Old Route 66 (brrrr....it's chilly here!) and I thought I'd get caught up on our goings on.

**********

After our time in the Great State of Texas, we packed up, said bye to my parents (cried a little) and headed back to Arkansas for Memorial weekend.  

The first show was in Coal Hill.  Everyone was super sweet, they loved the show, and I got ZERO pics of it, once again.  I'm slacking.  

Anyway, Jerry (the youth pastor who I really wanted to greet with a Newman-esque "Helllloooo Jerry" but I refrained) asked if we wanted to eat before the show and if we liked BBQ.

Let me think.

YES AND YES.

This BBQ was wonderful.  It was from a place called Rivertown and if you're ever in Ozark, AR, you need to go on down there and eat.  Trust me.

The next morning, we played at Cliff Terrace in Fort Smith.  It had been 2 years since we were there, so it was great to see everyone.  It was a Sunday morning concert which means we had the entire service time.  


They were having a cookout after church so we hung out and ate too much food.  Nothing says "Happy Memorial Day" like eating a lot of hamburgers, hot dogs and sweets ;-)


We checked into our next hotel and Trent dropped his keys down the elevator shaft and so that was fun.  They were able to retrieve them pretty quickly, so no harm done.  We worked out, rested and then got ready for the show that night at Bethleham Free Will Baptist.

It was an awesome show!  We always enjoy meeting new people.  Especially when they're nice!  (Sometimes they're not.)  Later that night I flat out crashed.  I was exhausted.  Because that was 3 shows in less than 24 hours and I was (and still am) fighting a cold.  


We had Memorial Day off and were able to go to our friends' house and eat more BBQ and cheesecake, of course.

The next day, we had our last show. It was at Amazing Grace Fellowship and was for the local Christian Waterfowl Association.   

Allow me to expain this picture.  There's a girl Maria, who said she would "pass smooth out" if Trent talked to her.  So, upon my suggestion, they put a chair right up front with her name on it.  Bless her heart.  She was embarrassed but luckily has a good sense of humor!

Our next stop was Amarillo to see family for a bit and for a show with Masterplan Outreach Ministries.  We had such a good time.  It was a small crowd but they were attentive, fun, and entertained us as well!  

Rusty and LaDonna Ratliff are too kind to us.  So generous and loving.  

Trent and their son, Buster, went to HS together.  He's a bigwig at the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum and I CANNOT wait to go.  He's going to hook us up.  (I have my mom to thank for my love of museums.)  

So that's that!  I'm up to date as far as shows go.  Today is Operation See The Grand Canyon and I am pumped.  

Have a great weekend!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment