Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving for Two

 Our Thanksgiving was spent in Nashville.  Just the two of us.  It was perfect.  Our families were kind of scattered all over the place.  

Our original plan was to go to Memphis since my parents flew there to my sister's house.  But, after talking with my doctor, we decided to just stay put.  Of course, it probably would've been fine.  I obviously didn't go into labor, but we wanted to be safe. Plus, yesterday was the last time EVER with just us two.  It was a special day.

It started with coffee (and some new eggnog creamer), watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and oatmeal.  Then Trent got started cooking.

And I stayed in my pajamas.


The menu:  ham, deviled eggs, dressing, green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, crescent rolls and a yummy wild rice dish made with orange juice, cranberries and almonds.  So good.  And pumpkin pie for dessert.  That was my contribution.  I picked it out at the Publix bakery.  It was a tough decision, but I picked a good one.

I saw on twitter yesterday that people who choose ham over turkey are communists.  Ha!  Normally, with our families, we'd have both.  This year was just the ham, though.   

After our food settled, we went on a walk.  It lasted about 10 minutes.  It was colder than we thought and I was uncomfortable due to the waddle.

I donned my new ear warmer that I made a few days ago.


We napped and grazed on food and watched TV and then it was time for a fire.

We finished the night with some gin rummy and the first of many viewings of Christmas Vacation.  And of course another plate of food.

We got to FaceTime family, which was awesome.  Gotta love technology!  And I got to talk to my Nana, who will be 95 on Christmas Eve.  We talked for 40 minutes.  She shared some of her memories of a little girl having a birthday on Christmas Eve and some memories of her mother, who died when she wasn't quite 6 years old.  It was a sweet conversation.  

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  If you need us, we'll be here…waiting for Oliver!









No comments:

Post a Comment