Saturday, July 20, 2013

A CRAZY story

Back in April, I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to a women's get together.  I knew no one.  It was with (in)RL, which encourages women to find and build relationships in their community, in real life.  So, I went.  I took a fruit plate (because those require assembly not cooking). 

The Nashville event was at a coffee shop, hosted by Jessica Turner and Angie Smith...both are adorbs.

After some small talk, we got to our seats and began the video portion of the night.  Then we sat in a circle and shared a bit about ourselves, which makes me nervous and gives me a condition I call "diarrhea of the mouth."  

At the time I was about 5 weeks pregnant and I spewed out that news to all the strangers!  I just had to tell someone.  And they were all so sweet about it!  I felt safe that they wouldn't get on Facebook and tell our families...you know, since they didn't know our families (or me for that matter) from Adam.

Before we all left, we wrote down our contact info (email, twitter, instagram) and went on our merry way.  I started following several of the women I met, two of which were pregnant.  It's been fun to build a relationship and get to "know" them on instagram.  Both women have had their babies and oh my word the cuteness.

Marianne, who I actually sat by that evening,  had her baby boy last week.  I saw his precious picture in my instagram feed and immediately scrolled down to leave a comment.  Then something caught my eye.  A fellow commenter wrote, "He looks just like a Wenzel!"


My inner monologue went something like this:

Wait, what?!?  That's my maiden name!  That's not a common name.  What is all this craziness?  What is going on?

So, I left a congratulatory comment and then said my maiden name was Wenzel.  Turns out...SO IS HERS!!  I doubt we're related but isn't that insane?  On a random night where I knew no one, I ended up sitting by a woman who shares my maiden name.

Oh, and by the way, the woman to my right?  Shares my birthday.

It's just all too much.  



No comments:

Post a Comment