Thursday, June 5, 2014

Throwback Thursday Stories: Week 8

We shall call this "The Big Move."

January 2011// Moving to Nashville

Stuck in traffic, to be exact.

My word.  Somehow this seems like yesterday and somehow it seems like a lifetime ago.  

After much prayer, we decided to move from TX to Nashville in 2011.  When we told my dad, his relieved response was, "Whew.  I thought you were going to say you were pregnant."  (Actually, instead of whew, I think it was sh**.)  My mom's response, through tears, was, "I wish you would've said you were pregnant."

We loaded up a U-Haul and left to follow our dreams and we haven't looked back.  The drive there (or here, I should say) took longer than expected.  The normally 12 hour drive took two days due to snow and ice and we almost ran out of gas while stuck in traffic, miles from a gas station.

It's been 3 1/2 years and we are still in the same apartment.  An apartment where many songs have been written, memories made, and a baby brought into it.  We love this town.  We love our home.  

Link up to The Mom Creative!





1 comment:

  1. Nashville is the best town, isn't it? I lived there for about three years, and I think often about going back. Such a great town.

    ReplyDelete