Thursday, May 3, 2012

Remembering Gran Bonnie

Bonnie Lee Baird Beine
August 7, 1928 - January 31, 2012



Sometimes in life, you meet people that you immediately connect with and love.  I can remember several times that this has happened to me, and Gran Bonnie was one of them.  I met her in Fort Sumner, NM in the summer of 2009.  We went to her house so Trent could paint the kitchen and I sat with her at the table and talked...and talked, and talked.  And talked some more.  After that first meeting, even though I only saw her a handful of times, we could always pick up where we left off.  She knew I loved turquoise and I knew she loved pink, purple, and turtles.  Gran Bonnie adored jewelry and she had quite the collection.  Every time I saw her, she'd graciously gift me with an array of pretty things.  Necklaces, earrings, bracelets...and yes, even fingernail polish.  She did this with all of her girls.  I'm so thankful that I have little pieces she loved to help me remember. 

On April 14, 2012, we had her memorial in her home in Canyon, TX. Family and close friends gathered to remember Bonnie.  Tears and laughs and stories of a life well lived.  Trent sang "Dancing with the Angles" and "Move in Closer" and both were healing and beautiful.  The day was perfect.


My tribute to Gran Bonnie:  purple polish and a turtle toe ring, which she gave me.


Paula (Bonnie's youngest girl) and her grand baby, Piper.

Lue Anne (the middle girl and Trent's mom)

Debra is the tiny woman in pink, standing in the entry.  She's Bonnie's oldest daughter.   




I just love this picture.  Gran Bonnie's greatgrands, Caleb and Piper.

This was the last time we saw Gran Bonnie.  She came out to Trent's parents' house for July 4th, 2011.

She was so funny that day!  I only knew Gran Bonnie as being in pain and sick, so it was a treat to experience her fun loving and comedic personality, that everyone loved.  I hate that we didn't get to see her before she passed, while she was clinging to life.  I hate it.  I feel guilty and sad.  But in my selfish and human mind, I am thankful that the last memory I have of her is one of laughs, jokes, and smiles.

We love you Gran Bonnie!









  


No comments:

Post a Comment