Saturday, October 19, 2013

Lots of shows, lots of pictures, lots of words

Hello there!  Are you loving fall as much as we are?!?  It's good for the soul, that's for sure.

When we left Waco, our first stop was Shreveport, LA for a show with New Life Center.  We hadn't been in a while and it was so good to see familiar faces and friends.  The Go Ministries group lives on the church's campus and they were an AWESOME crowd.  They stood, they sang at the top of their lungs, and they were just really sweet kids.  (Yes, they're in their twenties, but they're still kids.)



We left the next morning for Alcorn State University in Lorman, MS to sing at the Wesley Foundation on campus.  I felt good about our room number.
"For God so loved the world..." =)  

They fed us homemade red beans and rice with fried chicken and it was so, so  good.  The students were fun and liked the show and even sang along with me when I busted out with the Fresh Prince theme song.  It was a moment.  And here we are with the director, Vera, and the photographer's finger.  Ha!

The next day was a day off and it's when we made our way to Oxford, MS.  Such a cute town.  A family who has a condo generously let us stay there.  And another family left us a gift basket galore.  The snacks were great, but my favorite thing, if I'm being honest, were the mason jars and burlap padding on bottom.


The family that left us the basket took us to dinner that night and it was really good sushi.  Don't worry, I didn't do raw!  (I don't do raw even when I'm not growing a human.)  We were so appreciative of them!

Thursday was when we played for the Wesley Foundation at Ole Miss.  The Paris-Yates chapel on campus is beautiful.  



We were probably singing "These Arms" here.  I tend to touch my belly when we're singing to Oliver.  Also, this picture confirms Trent's reason for telling me to get closer to the mic.  I, however, think that distance is just fine. 


We had a great time with the students that night then, Friday morning, the Willis family (directors of Wesley) had us over for breakfast.  They are a precious, precious family and I adore their kids.  I mean, look at them!  And this picture confirms that we, in fact, are giants.

We left Oxford and drove down the road to Birmingham, AL and spent the night.  We had a wonderful dinner with some friends at a wonderful Italian restaurant.  I had the Nutella custard for dessert and it's as fabulous as it sounds.  But I also tried the white chocolate bread pudding and it also made me want to slap my mama.  So, if you're ever in B'ham, go to Bellini's.  You won't be sorry.

Saturday, we made our way to Enterprise, AL to be with Crossroads Church on Sunday.  We love these people!  We led worship (they meet in a movie theater and it's so cool) and had a concert that night at the church's coffee shop.  So much fun!

Gene and Leslie Oden.  (The pastor and his lovely wife.)  Great people!

We left Enterprise on Monday and drove all the way to Nashville (only 6 hours) for a writer's night with some Dove Award winners/nominees.  It was held at Edgehill Cafe and put on by our friends at Turning Point Media Relations.  It was a packed house and a fun night.  SO. MUCH. TALENT.

We got to meet some great people and reconnect with old friends.

Here's the group practicing the last number.  It was a mix of old hymns and very blue-grassy and very awesome.

From Left:  Cindi Morgan, Andrew Greer, Matt Brock, Amanda Crabb.

Then Aaron Crabb, my man (I only sang on the last song), Warren Barefield.

Ginny Owens sang on a song and these three...on my word.  A cappella, hymnal, 3 part harmony.  Yowza.

I got to meet Ginny and she's adorable.  And it was fun to see her and Trent get caught up.  (They were on a tour together years ago.)

Then back to Fulton, MS for the Wesley House at Itawamba Community College.  Again, great kids and a great leader.  The last time we were there and played, it was the day we found out about Oliver.  It was fun to tell the students and John that little tidbit.

We left Fulton and went to Collierville to see my sister and her family.  I love that they're in Tennessee!  We got loaded up with baby gear, said our goodbyes, and headed home.  

Whew!  It's all a big blur.  We are glad to be home and glad to begin the nesting process.  I'm happy to say step 1 (get rid of all the things) is complete and we figured out a crib will fit in our room.

I'm pleased to say Oliver won't be sleeping in the bottom dresser drawer.












No comments:

Post a Comment