Friday, October 4, 2013

A Weekend in Arkansas

Last weekend, we left Nashville and went to Arkansas.  We used Saturday as our travel day and it was great to take our time.  We got into town, got supper, got checked into the hotel and were showered and in pj's before 8:00.  That's living, people.  

On Sunday morning, we led worship at Kibler Baptist.  We LOVE these people.  They are amazing.  After the service, we ate at The Catfish Hole and our lives were changed because their hushpuppies are THE BEST EVER.  No joke.

We then had a concert that evening with Kibler.  Before we got started, Pastor Eric surprised us with a basket full of baby gifts that people had put together.  I cried, because that's what I do.  So much love!

AND, we got some homemade jellies and salsa.  We can't wait to dig into these.

The show was great and everyone is loving the new songs.  Then after we were finished, we stood up front and everyone gather around us as the pastor prayed for us and Oliver.  I cried, because that's what I do.  It was such a fun night!

Sweet Emma.

Our other family, The Weavers!

The next evening we performed at 43 Assembly of God.  And, because I'm a terrible blogger/photographer, I have no pictures.  So, I'll just tell you...

This was our second time to be with these precious people.  The first time, was my first time on cajon and I only played on 4 songs.  Now, I'm up there all the time and singing, too.  It was a full circle moment.

43 AOG is a small country church but they pack it out!  Old and young.  And my word!  They are a lively bunch...which always makes our job easy and fun!

We had a fabulous time and appreciate both churches so very much.  It was one of those weekends where we have to pinch ourselves.  You mean we really get to travel and sing about Jesus and meet sweet people?  God is good.

And now we're in Texas enjoying our last family time before we're parents!!!

*Speaking of pinching ourselves*



No comments:

Post a Comment