Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013…Let's Reminisce!






My yearly New Year's post is one of my favorites to do.  I love looking back and reflecting on the year and thinking about all the good and all the bad.  Time moves so, so fast.  A fact I'm even more aware of now that I have an almost 2 week old!  (Wait…wasn't I just in the hospital giving birth?  Please don't grow up too fast, Oliver.)

We started 2013 starting a family and ended it with a little boy.  God is good and oh so faithful.


Anyway, here's 2013 in review.


1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Big year for me as far as "firsts" go… got pregnant, sang on a radio single, sang on a full record, saw California, Arizona, The Grand Canyon, camped in Oregon, gave birth

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
We don't really resolve to do anything.  We set goals and we reached them!!!  

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Big year for babies.  I think 10 of my friends gave birth in 2013.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My mother-in-law's father passed away.  He had been in bad health for many years and now he's at peace.

5. What countries did you visit?
That's funny...maybe one day.  But, I added Cali and Arizona to my list =)


6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Hmmm…I can't think of anything.  Of course I could say money, but that's always the case, right?  So, I'll go with MORE SHOWS!

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 16, 2013.  We found out we were expecting!
December 19, 2013.  Oliver's birthday!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting pregnant and giving birth (are you seeing a trend here?), getting another radio single recorded and on the radio, a fully funded Kickstarter campaign! 

9. What was your biggest failure?
The radio single didn't do as well as we had hoped, but I don't consider that a failure...

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope!  Knock on wood.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
We didn't buy a lot.  Maybe the dresser we painted mint green?  Yes, let's go with that.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Baby and gas and recording 

13. What did you get really excited about?
Yep!  You guessed it… OLIVER!
And becoming a husband and wife duo
And Kickstarter getting funded

14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
"Rise"
"I Choose You"

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Definitely happier.
– thinner or fatter? I will not say fatter.  I am fuller from growing a human.
– richer or poorer? Richer in love, probably the same in finances.


16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Calling and actually talking to friends on the phone.  

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Okay, I'll say it… I probably shouldn't Facebook as often as I do.


18. How did you spend Christmas?
In Nashville.  Our family of 3 plus Grammie.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
We're still in love with Parenthood.  New for 2013:  Breaking Bad, Scandal, The Black List, The Mindy Project 

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Currently still reading The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers.  We're on book #2 and loving it.  
A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet by our friend Sophie
Also, I adored Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
2013 was the year we heard about JOHNNYSWIM.  They are amazing.
Still into John Mayer.  Duh.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Gravity pops into my head.  I thought it might send me into labor.  I'm sure we saw more, but I can't think of any…which might indicate that we weren't impressed.  

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 and was in Waco.  My mom and I got pedicures and we all went to Ninfa's.
  
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not. A. Thing.  I loved 2013.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Maternity.  I'm a full panel girl.

26. What kept you sane?
Jesus and my man.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
I can't think of any new life lessons.  We lived, we loved, we laughed, we cried, we had a baby.  That pretty much sums it up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment