Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday Stories: Week 2

It's Thursday and that means Throwback Time!!!  Since my birthday is just around the corner, I chose this picture.

Turning 14…1994

Just look at all that 90s awesomeness.  And what's with our poses?  

My friends Holli, Stacey, and Autumn all have birthdays around the same time.  (In fact, Stacey and I share a birthday.)  So, for our 14th, we and our parents decided to throw a big bash to celebrate all of our birthdays together.

It was a dance with a DJ and everything.  Three different schools were represented and it was so much fun.  It was at one of the YMCA locations in Waco, TX and we partied hard.  (Or at least as hard as 14 year olds can party.)

I had spent the day at the pool (my typical summer activity) and then my mom took me shopping to find the perfect outfit.  I found it at Express.  High-waisted shorts (which apparently are back in style), a floral shirt that reminds me of something Blossom would wear, and Dexters with no socks.  

It was one of those birthday parties that has stuck with me all these years…20 years to be exact.  What?!?

Now we are all mamas with 7 kids between us.  Who knows, maybe we'll recreate the party one year! 

Share your #tbt and link up with The Mom Creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment