Thursday, April 17, 2014

Throwback Thursday Stories: Week 1

I love Throwback Thursdays.  Not only is it fun to see other people's old, and sometimes embarrassing photos, it's fun to go through my pictures and reminisce.  That's why I love this idea from Jessica at The Mom Creative.

Starting today, we will share our throwback photos on instagram and also blog about them, then link up.  The idea is to have documentation of memories…  52 memories, to be exact.   

Because Easter is Sunday, I thought I'd start here:

Easter 1983 or 84?

As you can see, I got a haircut that year.  The hairdresser?  Me.  I got a pair of scissors and gave my bangs a trim.  I vaguely remember this.  I don't remember the actual act, but I remember my mom's horror.  This is one of those pictures I grew up looking at and laughing to myself.  Also, I think I am wearing one of my Nana's nightgowns.  And I'm sure I was excited to dig into some Easter candy.

Do you have any embarrassing Easter pics?  Like, say, an awful dress?  Share 'em.  You know you want to. 





1 comment:

  1. Hi, Shellie!

    I love your picture. I actually cut my sister's hair about a week before our dance recital. I was 4 or 5. She was 2 or 3. She had long beautiful blonde hair and I whacked it off. My mom was so upset.

    Hey, I'm in Nashville, too. We have a group of Nashville women bloggers on Facebook. Look up Nashville Women Who Blog and join us! :)

    Visiting from the #tbt link-up!

    ReplyDelete