Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain...

I'm talking Oklahoma, people.  The state, not the song or musical.  But I thought it was a clever title.  

I do what I can.

After Salado, we made our way to Sand Springs, OK to share music and lead worship at Broadway Baptist.  The last time we were there, I was pregnant with Oliver!  We had stayed in contact with some folks, so it was great to be back and see some familiar faces.  (And new ones, too.)

*diaper change on the van floor*

Some lovin' going on after check in.  Don't worry!  I was watching her face and making sure she could breathe.  =)

Oliver tried on my heels.  Haha!

O was down, so we relaxed...

And had banana pudding. 

Sunday morning before heading to the church.  It was Father's Day!

Broadway had just finished VBS and they still had the decorations up.  Oliver LOVED it.  Plus, it was the same VBS Elliot and Griffin did so we knew some of the songs.  

It was also his half birthday.  

This is sound check norm.

The morning sun coming through church windows. I mean...GAH.  So pretty.

***Off we went to a week long church camp in Missouri.  I'll blog about that later***

Nursing stop meant Oliver got to check out some gravel and machinery.  He was pumped.  

He was also fussy.  Good times.

After the camp (that I'll blog about later), we went to Poteau, OK to play at Cross Community Church.  We did a show there on our Christmas tour and they wanted us back.  Yay!  That's always a good thing.

They put us up in a cabin in the woods and it was fantastic!  


#fussybaby and Daddy with a hairdryer to calm her down

The cabin owners have kids, so the cabin had toys!  We Trent cooked each meal and we just relaxed and rested.    

The porch was amazing and Trent and I sat out there the first night.  Until I saw a snake climbing up the post.  Nope.  I'm out.  

Sunday morning was an early one.  The church has three services, so sound check was at 7:00 AM which meant we left the cabin at 6:30.  This boy is a trooper.  Yes he gets fussy and grumpy and tired, but don't we all?  He loves going to different nurseries and handles longs days better than I do sometimes.

The morning went well.  People loved what we shared and that always feels good.  I had to go rescue Amelia from a crying episode, though.  I just nursed her to calm her.  Then she spit up on me.  Then she pooped.  Then I dropped her off at the nursery.  Then I heard Oliver fussing, so I had to talk to him.  He wasn't respectful so I got to do the whole time-out song and dance in the hallway.  All while the clock was counting down to the next service.  I made it back to the stage with about 30 seconds to spare.  Whew!  

After church was over, the pastor's wife came by to meet Amelia and tell me, "I don't know how you do it."  Which I thought was hilarious because she has toddler twins and a 6 month old.  I said, "are you kidding?!?  I don't know how you do it!"  And then I realized that's motherhood.  None of us know how any of us do it.  

We don't know the story, but the cabin had an old piano in the woods.  We loved it.  

The next morning, Amelia and I waited for the boys to get up before we made our way to Amarillo.  

And then I went to the bathroom to put my hair up and there was a tic on my neck.  Eww.  I know that's what happens in the woods, but nope.  I'm out.  

We had great shows and met great people in Oklahoma!  Excited to go back.  Whenever that may be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment