Monday, January 28, 2013

DIY Linen/Room Spray

In an effort to save money (and be more natural), I've been making cleaning products for almost 2 years...ish.  I recently found great deals on essential oils on Amazon and I jumped on it.  (Plus, I paid with Cashback, so it was like free money.)  

I got 3 lavenders, 2 of rosemary, 2 of sweet orange, and a eucalyptus.  Our mailbox smelled yummy. I use essential oils for my deodorant and detergent and I wondered what else I could make.

I was out of linen spray, so I thought I'd start there.  It is crazy easy (and crazy cheap) and I just had to share!  I used this recipe, but there are plenty to choose from with similar ingredients.  

(FYI: some say to use vodka, if you have that lying around.)



You'll need:
- essential oil of your choice (I chose lavender)
- spray bottle with fine mist spray (I used my empty one)
- isopropyl alcohol
- distilled water 

Directions
Mix one part essential oil, with one part isopropyl alcohol and 5 parts distilled water.  Swirl to mix.  

It's that easy and IT WORKS!


ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment