Friday, January 11, 2013

2012...Let's reminisce.




It's that time of year.  The time when I look back at the previous year and answer some fun questions.  Last year was the first time I did it and I thought it was a good time, so I've decided it will be a yearly thing.  You can read about 2011 here.

I've added *same answer* for those responses that did not change.


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
mc'd a live record, started playing percussion for Trent, started tweeting, first time to sing in a microphone on stage with Trent, FaceTime, changed my license to a state other than TX, went to Ohio and had Skyline Chili, went to Great Wolf Lodge, stopped the gluten



2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
We started 2012 with business and personal goals and we accomplished each one!  What a year.  I also wanted to read more scripture and we did that too!  Turns out, Trent's a fan of Beth Moore.  And we've started this year with similar goals as well.  Hoping for a great 2013.



3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friends are still cranking them out.



4. Did anyone close to you die?
Trent's grandma, Gran Bonnie.  Such an amazing woman who is missed and spoken of with fondness.  Read about her here.


5. What countries did you visit?
*same answer* No new countries yet.  Here's to 2013, right?



6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
This is our year of community.  We've been church hopping for two years and have decided to find a church home and meet new people.  



7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan 4th:  Trent's Live recording, March 6th:  2 years married, April 13th:  the day "Beautiful You" was added to radio, August (something):  when "Beautiful You" hit the top-10 



8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting up on stage with my man, going gluten free (is that an achievement?), getting a song to Christian radio and it reaching the top-10 as an independent artist, and some fun crafts!



9. What was your biggest failure?
I still didn't finish the rug from Haites.  Here's to 2013, right?  And my Thanksgiving sweet potatoes.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious!  Hallelujah.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
some cheap stools on Craigslist and I got the TOMS I always wanted!  Ooh, and some bright blue high heels.  And I'm real excited about my new turquoise skinny jeans/leggings/jeggings.



12. Where did most of your money go?
Radio promotion and gas



13. What did you get really excited about?
some of my favorite bloggers tweeted me back, and so did Dave Barnes, the whole radio process, a Christmas tour, seeing family, dressing up for Halloween, Trent's brother getting married, my new tattoo (which has a funny story behind it.  And you never want a "funny story" for a tattoo).



14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Duh.  "Beautiful You."  We owe a lot to that song.



15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Definitely happier. *same answer*
– thinner or fatter? I accidentally lost about 15-ish lbs when I got off the poison gluten.
– richer or poorer? We have a bit more money in the bank than last year.  




16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I have no regrets!  We prayed a lot, loved the Lord and each other.  But, I could stand to read more.  And I should probably floss more.



17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sometimes, I can be a bit negative.  And I can complain.  For the most part, I keep that behavior for Trent's ears only.  Bless him.  So, less of that. 



18. How did you spend Christmas?
My parents took us all to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX.  So fun.  I swear I almost died on a slide.  Not really, but I felt like I could have.  I will blog about it soon!



19. What was your favorite TV program?
We are still LOVING Parenthood.  Also, Nashville started in 2012 and we're digging it.  And HEEEEELLLLLLO... Duck Dynasty.  Can I get an amen?



20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Hunger Games!  And I finally finished the last of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.  Finally.  



21. What was your favorite music from this year?
John Mayer's Born and Raised record, Marc Scibilia's self titled EP, Charlie Peacock's No Man's Land record, all things Mumford and Sons




22. What were your favorite films of the year?
We love us some movies.  Moonrise Kingdom was probably our favorite.  I wish I could say Lincoln, but we haven't seen it yet!  (It's on our to-do list for this weekend).



23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32.  We went downtown, Trent got us a hotel room, and I had a crown of balloons made for me by a pirate on stilts.  Fun times.  (Read about our birthday weekend here.)



24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can honestly say I had a great 2012 and wouldn't change a thing. *same answer*



25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
- Trying to be trendy in Nashville and realizing that I'm just not that trendy...and not hipster, either. *same answer*

- I will say, that I've decided that my home decorating concept is along the lines of "a shabby chic mexican restaurant threw up on mardi gras" and "if there's an empty wall, hang something"


26. What kept you sane?
prayer, my man, wine.  *same answer*



27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
We were reminded that God will provide and He is sovereign.  Unfortunately, I have been reminded that sometimes people are crazy and cruel and hateful, but you have to love them anyway.  And comparison is the thief of JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment