Friday, August 2, 2013

Florida or Bust

When we left Hampton, GA, we scooted on down the road to Largo, FL for a week.  It had been a year since we had been there and we were excited to see our friends.

On the way, we got stuck in traffic and heard "Rise" on the radio for the first time on Spirit FM.  We play it all the time of course, and so we hear it all the time.  But it's completely different hearing on the actual radio.  Fun times!

We always stay with the same family when we go down to Largo and they are pretty much family to us now.  Madeline and Christina Dawkin are AMAZING.  Our room was stocked with candy.  Perfect timing since my sweet tooth is really something these days!

We led worship at Indian Rocks Baptist our first Sunday in town.  Madeline watches church from her laptop at home and snagged these pics from the service.

Do you see I had my very own platform?  It had wheels.  I really wanted to wheel myself on out there, but that didn't happen. 

This is Luke the worship leader who let us lead in his place.  Super nice guy!

After church we went down to Clearwater Beach.  It's one of our favorite beaches to go to.  If you've never been, you must.     

The next day, we went to Indian Rocks Beach which is literally about 2 miles from the Dawkins' house.  

I'd like to point out my beach bag.  It was a graduation gift.  From when I graduated high school.  That means it's 15 years old.  Translation:  I don't like to spend unnecessary money and tend to not really get rid of stuff.  (Trent says I have hoarding tendencies.  Ha!) 

Mama Madeline sent us out for a date night (her treat!) and we decided to try a new restaurant and watch the sunset.  I've been craving *virgin* bloody marys and this was a beauty.  Look at that thing!

It was too cloudy to see the sunset, but we had a great time.

While we were in the Tampa area, we decided to go to Spirit FM for an interview.  (Radio mornings are so early.  Whew.)  It was my first time to sing live on the air, too.  Lord have mercy.


A photo sesh with Davis after the interview.  He has a fancy lens attachment for his phone.  I felt I needed to tell you that.  I have no idea why.

We were told to try Datz for breakfast and I am so glad we did.  Clearly they have a good head on their shoulders:

We went to Clearwater Beach again for the last time (insert sad face) and I have to tell you a story I overheard... 

There was a mother and her children packing up their stuff and getting ready to head out.  Here's what I heard:

Little girl:  "...but mom I want to eat there!"
Mom:  "We can't eat there because I know some people there I work with and they'll see me without my boot and crutches."

Did you get that?  The woman was supposedly injured and teaching her kids it's ok to lie.  I can't make this stuff up.

Anyway...

We had a show at Smileys on Friday and it was great.  Spirit FM and Smileys did an awesome job of promoting!



Christina had been in England for 3 weeks or so and she brought us some tea.  Isn't that the sweetest?  I can't wait to try it.  Peppermint, spearmint and strawberry.  Yum!


And here's our family plus Peanut (the cat).  We can't wait for Baby Monk to know Mama Madeline and Auntie Christina.  (Madeline is already planning where the baby will sleep.  Adorable.) 

We left them and just went up the road to Tampa to be with Hyde Park Presbyterian.  They let us have the whole Sunday service, so it was like a mini-concert!  We packed up quickly and drove back to Nashville after church.

After we got lunch at one of our all time favorites:  Pollo Tropical.

And now, we are heading to Arizona again, but just for the weekend.  It's my first fly date and I feel very fancy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment