Monday, September 24, 2012

Arkansas and Missouri

Recently, we went to Arkansas and Missouri for a quick run of shows.  

The first one was in Siloam Springs, AR.  We checked in, got to the room and this was waiting for us.  Snacks and a thank-you card.  So sweet!  I felt very fancy and important.  And then I stuffed my face with some Wheat Thins and some Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies and was brought back to reality.
 

The show was a youth night in the park.  Lots of kids showed up and several accepted Christ.  What a cool thing to see!

I posted this to my Instagram the next morning on our way out of town.  Trent is quite talented with packing a car.  Some of my fb friends called it "luggage tetris" which is totally true.  I don't get involved with packing the car.  He has it down to an art.  And that's how I feel about the dishwasher.   

We stopped in Fayettville, AR for the night.  It was a bit storage to be around that many Hogs, but I survived.  We ate some yummy sushi and listened to some amazing blues.  But before we went out, I captured a shot of our hotel room.  It's dark, so you may not see much, but I'm here to say it's a MESS.  And please keep in mind we had been in that room all of about 5 hours.  I would also like to point out my favorite accessory...the box fan hoisted up on the "closet" area.  We like to keep things real...real classy.

Onto Monett, MO! 

The show was a fundraiser for The Den Youth Center, which is a safe place for kids to come hang out and get off the streets.  Here we are with Amy Sampson and Deb Berger.  Two awesome ladies!  If you'd like to donate any funds to a great organization, or if you want more information, let me know and I'll get you in touch with one of them.  You won't be sorry.

And back to Arkansas.  CrossPointe Community Church in Van Buren gave Trent the entire AM service to do a concert.  That always works out well, if churches are willing to do it.   (Doesn't that look like the sun in the pic below?  It's not.  It's the flash reflecting on the car window.  Go figure).

And here's Lacy.  She is a precious girl.  AND she's a golfer.  YAY!!!

(But what in the world am I doing with my leg up there?  Strange).

Stay tuned for our trip to Atlanta.  I'm going to do things a bit differently on the ole blog.











No comments:

Post a Comment