Thursday, May 8, 2014

Throwback Thursday Stories: week 4

Since Mother's Day is Sunday, I chose this picture...


This was in 1999 at the Jonesboro, AR airport.  My mom was about to get on a plane that would take her back home after taking me to Arkansas State. 

It was the start of my sophomore year and my first time away from home, out of state no less.  We were a mess. We cried (not much has changed there) and I remember telling her that I was scared. She, as mamas do, told me I'd do great and we said our goodbyes. 

I am so thankful she and my dad let me go away to school. As hard as it was to be far away, I really grew up there. And I met some amazing people!

Of course we live far away now, and it's still hard to say goodbye, but I am so so thankful for her love and support. And also for FaceTime :)

Link up to The Mom Creative and share your throwback stories! 






No comments:

Post a Comment