Thursday, March 1, 2012

Marchin' On

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13


February was a challenging month here in Monk land.  With what we do, sometimes shows get cancelled, postponed or rescheduled.  We know that.  We are fine with that.  But, let me just say February fell apart...and it sucked.  Shows that had been booked for months got cancelled.  People that we were in contact with, flaked out and pretty much went MIA.  It can be quite annoying, but it's part of it.  Because of all that, we were able to be in Nashville for most of the month and some cool things happened.  

Trent got to go back in the studio with Ed Cash, they finished a song and we are super excited with the final product.  The live record was released to iTunes and people are loving it!  I got to enjoy the Academy Awards with some sweet girls and delicious food.  We got to catch up with some dear friends, Jason and Gaylene Latham. We were able to get TONS of work done...emails and phone calls GALORE.  A random new friend came into our lives and one can't help to know that God orchestrated it.  We met with a top radio promoter and good things are happening.

While in the moment (the moment of the February from H-E-double hockey sticks...) I was upset and confused.  We leaned on each other and the Lord with every ounce of our being. Now that March is here and we're about to get busy, I can't help but think of Jeremiah 29:11-13.  This whole time of uncertainty and worry, God was and still is in control and He knows the plan for our life.  I honestly cannot fathom how people make it through life without a relationship with the Mighty God we serve.  It makes me sad.   

This is in our bedroom and I see it everyday and every time I am reminded, renewed, and restored.  Even more so, now that March is here and we made it through a very tough time.  

Recently, I read the following here via Jesus Needs New PR:

"If your dream is not bigger than you, then it's not from me.  What I have called you to do is impossible on your own."

Agreed, Amen, and we're Marchin' On...











No comments:

Post a Comment